Sunday, November 18, 2007

SUNDAY

So here I am, back at the blog. Unlike last night, only one of my three fellow blog-a-dayers has gotten his quota in for today. So tonight I'm #2.

I find myself alone, as my wife is at work, and the kids just went to bed. So while I'm watching the Patriots' weekly dismantling of their opponent, I'm having some leftover pizza from this afternoon - one of those new five-meat pizza pies from Papa Murphy's. Lord, it's good too. But man, there's a lot of pizza here! By the way, it's amazing how much mess a two-year-old and a four-year old can make. I've got some cleaning up to do.

So what do I have for a topic? Well, not much actually. Although I do have a little something. It involves Burger King's new ad campaign. It features their creepy mascot - the king. You know him. Look down.



So the new ad campaign features three women who are trying to kill the king. In the first ad, they hire a hitman to "whack the king." In another ad, their chasing the king in a car. And in yet another, they're trying to run over the king with their car.

Now call me crazy, but isn't this sort of ad campaign really inappropriate? Seriously, when did murder-for-hire become an acceptable way to sell false food?

Now don't get me wrong. I really could care less. The ads haven't caused me to lose any sleep. But still, it is what it is. Am I wrong about this?

Oh, and for the record, Burger King has great onion rings!

That's all I got. I need to warm up another piece of pizza.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Word up!

This ad campaign is not only lousy, it is totally inappropriate. Murder-for-hire is not an acceptable means to sell fast food (you have 'false food' in your article...)

also, I don't think their onion rings are that great... They give me gas...