Saturday, November 10, 2007

SATURDAY

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y NIGHT!

With those immortal lyrics, the Bay City Rollers took over America in 1976. Hailed by some critics as the next Beatles, they were virtually washed up by 1977. Oh well. At least they left us with one memorable tune - a nice catchy tune. Check it out below. Granted, it's an obvious lip-syncing performance. How can you tell? Well, the lead singer (the drummer) doesn't even have a microphone.



So it's Saturday morning as I type this. My wife is at work. And I'm playing daddy. Our oldest daughter (age 4) starts basketball at the YMCA in about an hour. While she does that, I'll put our youngest (age 2) into their kid care. Then I'll get my workout in. The rest of the morning and afternoon will be reserved for various domestic duties such as washing dishes, doing laundry, and generally cleaning up.

Blogging on the weekend is hard. Why is it so much easier to blog from work? Anyway, perhaps I'll have more later. Until then, here's another Saturday song - some vintage Elton John.

4 comments:

JJ said...

If I had a monkey, I would throw bananas at it.

TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

If I had a banana, I would throw monkeys at it.

JJ said...

If I had a banana, I would never leave my house.

TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

Wow. You are my kinda chick! See you in September - with bananas and tequila.