Thursday, March 29, 2007

SIRIUS

As some of you may know, I've had Sirius Satellite Radio in my car for the past two years. It is really a cool item - like cable for your car! Anyway, since January, 2006, I've become a huge fan of the Howard Stern show. I love it!

Well yesterday, Howard took a call from a listener. The guy said that Sirius has the best customer service on the planet. He told how his radio somehow broke. So he called Sirius. And they sent him a brand new one for free. All he had to do was pay for the shipping.

Well, this past summer, we came back from a vacation. And my Sirius was on the floor of the car. It must have gotten too hot in the car, and the suction cup thingee fell off. Since that time, the Sirius hasn't worked 100%. It'll be fine for several minutes. Then it will suddenly lose the signal - only to have it come back again a few seconds later. It might cut in and out like that continually. Other times it will work with no problems whatsoever.

I replaced the antenna, thinking there was a short in it. That didn't work. Then I noticed that if I squeeze the receiver, the lost signal will suddenly come back. So clearly, there's a short inside of it somewhere. I didn't want to spring for a new one. So I've just been living with it.

Well after hearing that guy on the phone, I called myself. Sure shit, for only $7.95 shipping and handling, they're sending me a brand new receiver, antenna and suction cup thingee!

Sirius fricken' rocks! Their customer service sure beats that of Walmart and Verizon. (See my two previous posts).

No comments: