Tuesday, December 18, 2012

FACEBOOK STOLE MY BLOG!

Forgive me oh Blogger father. For I have sinned. It has been four years, six months and 14 days since my last blog entry. What has happened since then? A bitter divorce, a hellacious post-divorce custody/placement battle, a big weight loss, an engagement, new housemates, new friends, a bald spot, and the Packers winning the Super Bowl. I don’t think that last sentence was an actual sentence. So what the hell happened? From January, 2006 through June, 2008 I was a regular blogger. I was constantly documenting my musings. And then I just stopped. Why? Probably a lack of motivation. Laziness. Meh, who knows? Who cares! But the real truth is that Facebook was probably the biggest culprit. I began to participate on the social media website in late 2008 or so. And I’m addicted. Any musings I had (and I had plenty) would inevitably wind up on my wall. Of course now they wind up on that stupid fucking thing they call a “timeline.” Who invented that idiotic system anyway? Facebook’s timeline is the equivalent of ass – old sweaty man ass. Thank you very much. But timeline be damned, I love Facebook. It’s where a grownup can act like a kid again. And for someone like me (who has never fully grown up) it’s a perfect place to have fun. I’ve described Facebook as my own personal playground. In many ways it’s a lot like school. My Facebook friends are people I grew up and went to school with. There’s drama, petty arguments and outright name-calling. It’s fabulous! It’s controlled chaos in a non-existent cyber world. Yet it’s as real as anything. I’ve made friends on Facebook – some from around the world. Remind me sometime to tell you the story of Peter Bartok. Hell, I even got laid with someone I met on Facebook. Facebook good!!! Anyway, I’ve returned. Just like Michael Jordan taking two years off to try and play baseball, I’m back. I can almost smell three more Blogger championships, commercial endorsements and Dennis Rodman’s rainbow hair.

No comments: