Wednesday, December 12, 2007

UNKNOWN

What do you see?
Is it dark?
Is it light?
I don't know.

If it keeps raining, will that levee break?

When does one give up and stop caring?

I found a penny on the ground.
I'd never seen that penny before.
But I hadn't looked.
It was there a long time.
I never gave that penny a chance to shine.
Think I'll put it in my pocket.

This killing floor is hard and cold.
It's supposed to be - so I've been told.
Do I play on? Or is it time to fold?
Am I growing up, or done growing old?

Confusion.

Meandering thoughts across the board.
Emotions all over the place.

Beat up and beat down - a beating regardless.

Chewed up and spit out.
Take another bite.
Repeat.
Relationship bulimia.

What happened to logic and hope?

When you hurt, you're still alive.
I'm still here.
If she gives up, will I?

No comments: