Thursday, April 12, 2007

OBSERVATIONS

So last night I found myself in my kids' bed, while my lovely wife read a short story - "Rumplestiltsken." Our four-year-old listens intently to anything read to her. While she does that, our two-year-old generally swings like a monkey from the bars of the bed. Oh well.

Anyway, after the story had been read, I said, "Rumplestiltsken - that's an odd name." At that point, our eldest whispered in my ear, "It's a dumb name." That made me laugh.

Speaking of my eldest, last night I was watchng part of the American Idol results show, when she wandered in. She heard the host say the name, "Sanjaya." At that point, she said, "Oh! Vote for Sanjaya!" I'm so proud.

I was recently reminded of William Howard Taft - one of our U.S. Presidents. Do you think his ears are ringing? Anyway, I once climbed on top of his gravestone. I'd bet money none of my readers no another person who has done that! Anyway, if I'm not mistaken, every single past U.S. President has been buried intact. Not one has been cremated. Why is that? Isn't that a bit odd?

Maybe we could cremate George W. Bush right now.

2 comments:

Jeffrey said...

I believe by that last comment that you are violating some portion of the Patriot Act.

And if not, I'm sure they can quickly add an amendment to make sure that you ARE.

Don't worry, I'm sure Guantanamo is lovely this time of year, you traitor.

karmadog said...

Did you realize how close we came to getting your wish?

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070407/AUTO01/704070338/1148&imw=Y